The ASCII Picture Quiz 2: Solutions

1 Conversation


, ; , .-'"""'-. , ; ,
\\|/ .' '. \|//
\-;-/ \-;-/
// ; ; \\
//__; :. .; ;__\\
`-----\'.'-.....-'.'/-----'
'.'.-.-,_.'.'
jgs '( (..-'
'-'

These are the solutions to the Ascii Picture Quiz 2 which appeared in the last issue of The h2g2 Post. Follow the links to see the original pictures.

Picture 1

Every year, thousands of us emulate the achievement of Pheidippides and run 26 miles. Some do it for competition, but others choose to run the Marathon in fancy dress, and raise lots of money for worthy causes.

Picture 2

Your punishment for not spotting Sailing is to be forced to listen to Rod Stewart's Greatest Hits. Let that be a lesson to you.

Picture 3

Many of us associate Ravel's Bolero with the Ice Dancing routine of Torvill and Dean. Others think of Bo Derek and Dudley Moore.

Picture 4

The stripy goalposts are a dead giveaway for Handball.

Picture 5

Did you spot someone executing a perfect Iron Cross in the sport of Freestyle Skiing? Well, that's assuming they landed safely.

Picture 6

A wonderfully cathartic sport, Taekwondo allows you to kick your opponent in the face. Joke about it at the bar afterwards.

Picture 7

"Rocket" Ronnie O'Sullivan punches the air after one of his trademark clearances at the Snooker table.

Picture 8

A figure tumbles down a hill as he attempts to catch a round object. It can only be the crazy Gloucestershire sport of Cheese Rolling.

Picture 9

One figure propels a large lump of finest polished Ailsa Craig granite, hotly pursued by two others with brushes. Yep, it's Curling.

Picture 10

A figure executes a perfect dunk, but not a biscuit in sight: for this is Basketball.

Icy's Quizzes and More Archive

Icy North

12.04.10 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A66347391

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more