Masterbrain

2 Conversations




THE H2G2 POST introduces
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"POST MASTERBRAIN"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Welcome to Masterbrain, please put your hands together and welcome five brand new Masterbrain contestants, competing for the grand title of DECEMBER 2001 MASTERBRAIN.
Dr St Justin
Mycroft
tdbiii
Shaunak
John Luke

Find out how they are doing in next weeks MASTERBRAIN. See below to find out which of Novembers contestants becomes,

NOVEMBER 2001 MASTERBRAIN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



WEEK ONE, DECEMBER MASTERBRAIN QUESTIONS

  1. Which word can mean both a college and a group of whales?

  2. On the internet, what does IP mean?

  3. Which Hollywood film star performed in a pop band called The Bacon Brothers?

  4. In art, Monet painted a series of canvases on the banks of the river Epte that featured what trees?

  5. Cheviot and Romney are breeds of which farm animals?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOVEMBER MASTERBRAIN UPDATE


Due to my holiday last week, the Masterbrain Questions went out on Monday instead of the usual Wednesday, and this, despite warning e-mails, caught a few contestants out, thus, some answers arrived a few days after others.

Munchkin was the first to arrive in just under 15 minutes, quickly followed by aliashell. Croz's reply arrived in just over an hour and the others all answered within two days, the order is as follows. Munchkin, aliashell, Croz, Jeny and last but not least Kandyman.

Each of you also got a point for each correct answer, and the total points are:

munchkin 09 points, aliashell 07 points, Croz 06 points, Jeny 05 points and Kandyman 04 points .

All the contestants got all the questions correct except one, question four.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



NOVEMBER MASTERBRAIN SCOREBOARD

Jeny..... 31 points
Munchkin..... 30 points
Croz..... 29 points
aliashell..... 28 points
Kandyman..... 27 points




NOVEMBER MASTERBRAIN 2001

The winner of the November 2001 Masterbrain competition is non other than Jeny with a grand total of 31 points. Congratulations Jeny on winning the first ever Masterbrain title, and a big thankyou to all the other contestants for making the running so close. Well done, you all deserve a big pat on the back.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


NOVEMBER MASTERBRAIN 2001
Jeny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Masterbrain Information



Each contestant is e-mailed five questions, once a week for four weeks. The questions will also be printed weekly in, The Post, the answers will be published in the conversation section below this page.


Each contestant will get a point for every correct question they answer, plus point(s) for how quickly they reply to the e-mailed questions.


That means that a contestant with five correct answers, and the quickest e-mail reply will get ten points. One for each correct question and five for the fastest reply. The second fastest will get four points, the third fastest will get three points and so on, down to one point for the last to reply.


A results board will be shown every week here, so you can keep up to date with the latest winners, and try to guess who will become the ultimate Masterbrain.


The questions will all be general knowledge, so some intelligence as well as quickness and luck will be needed. They are not guaranteed to go out every week at the exact same time, but will be sent out sometime on the WEDNESDAY before 'The Post' is published. The answers will not be printed on this page until ALL replies from contestants are received.


JANUARY 2002 MASTERBRAIN applications are being taken now.

Remember Masterbrain is not a once in a lifetime offer, and you can enter for another month if you so desire.



To enter all you have to do is E-MAIL ME and tell me your H2G2 name and your H2G2 researcher number. If you are lucky enough to be chosen to play then you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Only five contestant's will be chosen each month for the following months competition, your application will be stored and you will be asked to take part in proceeding months Masterbrain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

06.12.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A667352

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more