Stories From Spook

0 Conversations

Stories From Spook

While looking through the many back issues of Stories from Spook I saw many improvements. I've added in many new sections that have made theses articles more funny, interesting, and varied. However, the two things I didn't see were true stories and me speaking. Sometimes I put a little introduction but I didn't really feal that I was putting my own thoughts across about anything. So I've decided to put a Word from Spook into Stories from Spook. I would also like to hear your true stories about anything so could you either type them in the guest story boxes below or could you e-mail me them at [email protected]. Tell me funny stories about you and the people you know, tell me how you found h2g2, or tell me anything. If you don't want to embarrass people by telling stories about them then change the names. No-one will know.

Something else I am introducing this week is the Stories from Spook Jokeathon. Find out about it in this article, and find out how YOU could get involved.

Word from Spook

Well, how should I begin? What should I say? I've never done this before so somebody please help me?

I guess I should begin by telling people a bit about myself. I am Spook. That was a surprise, wasn't it? Here's another one: I am human. Boy this new part is full of shocking secrets revealed. I am alive. Whooooooo!!!!! I can't believe I gave away those secrets. Some people may have thought I was a ghost or a robot.

Well, what should I say next? I don't know! For the third time in my life I am speechless.

TICK! TOCK! TICK! TOCK! TICK! TOCK! TICK! TOCK! TICK!smiley - bleep

My idea! It came! My idea came! I am going to write a guide entry called 'How long is a Tick'. Any ideas? I want help with this so could you place any ideas in the conversation forum at the bottom of this page.

Well, I've said enough words for the moment, so enjoy the rest of Stories from Spook. smiley - ghost

Guest Stories

Type your stories in the boxes below.

Type your story here...

Jokeathon

Take part in the Stories from Spook Jokeathon. My aim: to create a super long list of jokes which is the longest list ever. If you have any links to conversations containing jokes, or would like to contribute a joke, then start a conversation at the bottom of this page. All people who I get jokes from will have their name added to the researcher list on the index page. Thanks to all who get involved.

Story Jokes

The lightbulb joke in its many forms

Parking Ticket

A guy had been unemployed for several months and unable to find a job. After numerous applications, he was finally invited to a downtown business for a job interview. Upon arriving downtown, he was unable to find a parking spot near the building where he needed to go. Thinking that someone parked along the curb near the building where he needed to go would surely be leaving soon, he circled the block. After 20 minutes of pure frustration in not finding a parking spot he decided to park at a red curb, rather than be late for his interview. Prior to leaving his car, he wrote this note and placed it on the windshield:

Dear Officer,

I have been driving around this block for twenty minutes. If I don't do this it means my job. FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS!!!


The man proceeded into the building where the interview went really well. Upon returning to his car, he noticed a parking ticket on the windshield. Next to the ticket was a note that read:

Dear Sir,

I have been driving around this block for twenty years. If I don't do this it means my job. LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION !!!

Where Is God?

In a certain suburban neighbourhood, there were two brothers, 8 and 10 years old, who were exceedingly mischievous. Whatever went wrong in the neighborhood, it nearly always turned out that they had had a hand in it. Their parents were at their wits' end trying to control them and, after hearing about a priest nearby who worked with delinquent boys, the mother suggested to the father that they ask the priest to talk to them.

The mother went to the priest and made her request. He agreed, but said he wanted to see the younger boy first and alone. So the mother sent him to the priest.

The priest sat the boy down across from the huge, impressive desk he sat behind. For about five minutes they just sat and stared at each other. Finally, the priest pointed his forefinger at the boy and asked,
'Where is God?'

The boy looked under the desk, in the corners of the room, all around, but said nothing.

Again, louder, the priest pointed at the boy and asked,
'Where is God?'

Again the boy looked all around but said nothing. A third time, in a louder, firmer voice, the priest leaned far across the desk and put his forefinger almost to the boy's nose, and asked,
'Where is God?'

The boy panicked and ran all the way home. Finding his older brother, he dragged him upstairs to their room and into the closet, where they usually plotted their mischief and quickly said,
'We are in big trouble!'


The older boy asked,
'What do you mean, big trouble?'

His brother replied,
'God is missing and they think we did it!'

Spook's Home Page


13.12.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A670718

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more