Scouts

4 Conversations

Scouts are a somewhat secret society, though they claim to be the largest youth organisation in the World.

The Scout Association teaches young boys (and sometimes girls) how to go camping, tie knots in long things, and how to do a tent erection properly

Every so often a couple of Scouts will come together and have a week long camping trip. This camp is for some unknown reason called a Jamboree. The older section called Rovers have their own camps called Moots, which is susposed to mean meeting place.

Scouts are taught the ways of the bush, and if they ever get lost, don't go bush walking in the that area. Scouts soon let out their animal instinct and decide that life in the bush is better then that of city life. Once a feral Scout finds you, you can say good-bye to your life

As for the city Scout, you're safe from them unless you are actually a senior citizen trying to cross the road. There always seem to be a Scout trying to do his good turn for the day, and the poor senior citizens end up walking 10kms a day just crossing the same intersection.

Scouts are not as bad as their sister section the Guides, who always seem to be having a biscuit/cookie drive. The Scouts on the other hand seem to have a 'Bob a Job' week. Due to inflation, the 'bob' is now worth $5 just to wash the car, and closer to $50 just to mow your lawn.

Scouts are not as bad as they are made out to be, but just next time you hear "Scout's Honour" or "Trust me, I'm a Scout", don't trust them


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A67772

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more