FrontPage Archive - June 2010

0 Conversations

[Prev]part of an unofficial archive of h2g2 front pages[Next]

1 June 2010

An illustration of an African dwarf crocodile.The African Dwarf Crocodile - Deceptively cute-looking critter that faces far greater natural threats than its larger Nile cousin.

The Great Flood of 1953 - The meteorological disaster that hit the coastal areas of a Northern Europe still reeling from wartime rationing.

Restaurants in Rome's 'Castelli' Towns - The eateries to make a beeline for in Italy's picturesque Romani province.

QOTW:
What do you call a table without legs?

7 June 2010

Fitness expert Diana Moran, aka The Green Goddess, who found fame on BBC One's Breakfast Time in the 1980s.Choosing and Using Fitness DVDs - Let's get physical with a user's guide to selecting the right workout DVD for your abilities.

House Training Dogs - A go-to guide for getting your puppy through that troublesome and delicate patch in their lives.

Spaetzle: a German Noodle Speciality - Known as 'beggar's noodles', this delicacy has a separate genesis to the Italian pasta varieties.

QOTW:
Mary Queen of Scots and Mary Tudor were two people.

14 June 2010

A CGI velociraptor featured in the 2005 BBC documentary The Truth About Killer Dinosaurs.Feathered Dinosaurs - A guide to the prehistoric creatures that may help prove that birds and dinosaurs share a common ancestry.

A Guide to Track Cycling - The lowdown on all the events that combine to make up this counterpart to road racing.

Schiphol Airport's Urinal Flies - A wee introduction to the decorative insects that have helped to stem spillages at Amsterdam's airport.

QOTW:
46% of long-haired men have visited Dundee.

21 June 2010

A woman drinking her morning coffee.Useful Methods of Restoring Perkiness to Your Morning - Some fun pointers to help you find that essential spring in your step.

The Harrow Rail Disaster - Described as 'one of the most mysterious railway disasters' this terrible tragedy caused over 100 deaths.

Transient Ischaemic Attacks (Mini Strokes) - These short-lived attackes indicate a dangerous vulnerability to a full stroke.

QOTW: Pictures, … Sharp and moving, … seen in passing, … like 1080p 60fps on an HD screen, … if only I wasn't such a nerd.

23 June 2010

- Happy birthday Alan Turing born on this day in 1912!



®

24 June 2010



®

28 June 2010

A black and white picture of a woman mouthing the 'oh' sound'.How to Help Someone who Lip Reads - An excellent Entry that gives really useful advice for communicating with people who lip read.

Pigeon Breasts on a Leek Risotto - It sounds a bit fancy but it's actually an inexpensive recipe that's healthy and simple to prepare.

Oliver Heaviside, Physicist - An appreciation of an intellectual giant who died in poverty despite almost gaining a Nobel Prize.

QOTW: How posh would you have to be for that to happen though?

29 June 2010



®

[Prev][Index][Next]

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A69216023

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more