The h2g2 Post Recipe

1 Conversation

This week we feature a recipe from Elly. We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright.

Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.


Fruit and Cream Torte


Ingredients

  • 1 three-layered ready made Torte base
  • 1 carton of whipping cream
  • 1 can of preserved pineapple/ fruit coctail/cherries/ whatever fruit you like
  • Orange juice (Optional)

Method

  • Put the bottom Torte base on a round tray, or a baking tray, preferrably on one
    of those paper mats, so it's easier to clean the tray when the cake's gone....
  • Pierce a small hole on two sides of the can lid and wet the base with the syrup. If you're using fresh fruit - use orange juice or red wine for that purpose..
  • Whip the cream according to instructions on the carton, chop the fruit (leave a piece of pineapple whole, for decoration) and mix with the cream. If the fruit isn't as sweet as pineapple, and you don't have a sweet liquid (such as orange juice) to soak the cake with, add a bit of sugar to the cream.
  • Spread half the mixed fruity cream on the base, straighten it, and put another base on top of it; soak it, and spread the rest of the cream on it.
  • Level the cream, and put the third base on top of the cream. Soak it, and put the pieces of fruit on top, for decoration.
  • Put in the fridge to cool off.
  • Serve with coffee, to contradict the sweetness.

Perfect as a birthday cake (my baby brother was impressed!)

The Recipe Archive

Elly

04.04.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A722099

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more