The h2g2 Post Recipe

0 Conversations

Here is another recipe from our resident chef Mike who will be pleased to take requests for the style of dish you would like him to cover. We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright.

Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.


Mixed Berry Puddings

Serves Six
Suitable for Home Freezing


Ingredients:

  • 12 large slices of wholemeal bread
  • 125g of gooseberries topped and tailed (the top and bottom cut off)
  • 150ml red grape juice
  • 275g blackberries, hulled
  • 400g red berries, hulled
  • 175g redcurrants, stalks removed
  • 30ml chopped fresh mint
  • Sugar to taste


  • Line six 150ml pudding basins, dariole moulds or ramekins with cling film.
  • Remove crusts from bread and cut a circle of bread to fit the base of each mould, cut another circle about 1cm bigger and set aside. Cut the rest of the bread into strips and use to line the sides of the moulds.
  • Place a saucepan on heat and add gooseberries and grape juice, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add remaining fruit and continue simmering for 7 minutes until redcurrants start to burst and the juice runs, add mint and sugar and stir.
  • While the fruit is still warm, spoon into the moulds, pour on the fruit juice (from the pan), cover with the 1cm bread circle you set aside. Cover with a plate and press down with a heavy weight then place in the fridge overnight.
  • Turn out the pudding onto a serving plate, pour on any remaining juice, decorate with a sprinkle of icing sugar and a sprig of mint.

Enjoy

The Recipe Archive

Mike

02.05.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A741250

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more