The Vice's Advice

1 Conversation

Someone holding a green flag with lots of people on it (Republic)

The 3150th

Walk with me, all right?

I can tell you're a bit nervous. I would be too... meeting someone as distinguished and renowned as myself. That's good; don't get too comfortable because this won't last long.

Go. Read. Write. Talk. Smell the roses. But think. This land in which we reside a few hours every day is held together by the common will of a people, and if they falter in determination for a moment, it begins to come apart. The stronger it is held together, the more enjoyable those few hours are. Unfortunately, the problems of some undermines the strength of others. But, as Ben Franklin said, we must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. We're in this together.

A blow may have been struck for community spirit in these months... this is an opportunity to build things back up again, to use a fresh determination to reach unknown heights. If you disagree with the way a volunteer group is being run, join that group and be a voice for change. If you don't think that the entries in Peer Review or the AWW or The Post are good enough, then write some yourself and help raise the standard. This season of discontent is being coupled with great strides in this great land's history — the reopening of the University, the h2g2 Mobile upgrade, a resurgent Post and of course, the righteous election of myself as your Vice President. This is a fresh new land, waiting for us to till the rich fields and greet the immigrants on our shores — tomorrow's tillers.

To leave off on a personally nostalgic note, 'It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy. Let's go exploring.'

The h2g2 Presidential Election 2005 Archive

Jodan

08.12.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A7512176

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more