Abi's Community Column

0 Conversations

A big hello from the Deputy Community Editor. Hope you are all well and happy! This is my view of what has been happening on h2g2 over the last week.

First of all a big h2g2 congratulations to Peregrin and Tinkerbell who have got engaged! We are thrilled for you both and glad h2g2 could be part of getting you together.smiley - bubbly

I am off to look for a hat!smiley - run

Community Choice

With the World Cup kicking off tomorrow, we bring you a footie-themed Community Choice! If you are feeling footie crazy, why not head over to the VSC World Cup Zone? Packed to the brim with links to sites containing all you need to know to sound like an expert, it also provides a place for you to chat to other footie loving Researchers. If you fancy your chances at predicting the outcomes, why not take part in the Fantasy World Cup game?

smiley - football

If on the other hand it is all becoming to much for you and you have just discovered that your team need to beat the tournament favourites 15-nil in order to progress to the next stage, then you need my very own It's Only a Game Room. Here I will tend to your every whim.1

smiley - football

My 5 Favourite Edited Entries

Here are my favourite new h2g2 entries from the last week:

  • A traditional staple of the British diet, The Ubiquitous Cockle is much overlooked at present. Unfairly so in my opinion. Why not read all about it and then cook some of the recipes from BBC Food?

  • If you find yourself in Thailand, the you must visit Chatuchak Weekend Market, Bangkok. If you are not due to go out there in the near future, then read the entry and lap up the oriental atmosphere!

  • With Wimbledon coming up in the near future Etiquette for Tennis Spectators is a must read entry.

  • I fell in love with South Africa when I visited there a couple of years ago, but the scars of apartheid run deep. Find out about Donald Woods, the man who did so much to bring the political situation to the attention of the world.

  • David Hockney is one of my favourite artists, mainly due to his paintings of his dogs . Find out about one of Britain's greatest living painters.

Ask h2g2

Here are my favourite conversations from Ask
h2g2
:

Well that's it for this week folks.If you have any suggestions for items to be included in this column or to be featured in Abi's Activities, do let me know.

Abi

30.05.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Ooh eer - ed

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A759053

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more