The h2g2 Post Recipe

1 Conversation

This week we feature a recipe for a quick and simple dessert sent in by
Morally Challenged Banana.

We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright.

Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.


Nice and Simple Meringues

These are perhaps the easiest sweets to make. So simple and yet so tasty!

Ingredients

  • 2 egg whites
  • 100g castor sugar
  • 1 pinch of salt

Method

  • Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until they have a stiff creamy consistancy and the bowl can be held upside down above your head.
  • Whisk in 50g of the sugar.
  • Fold in the rest of the sugar carefully making sure you're not knocking the air out of your nicely whisked egg whites.
  • Cover a baking tray with baking parchment1 and either pipe or spoon out the meringue mix onto the paper.
  • The mixture should make up to 20 meringue halves that are about the size of a tea biscuit.
  • You can dust the tops of your meringue with more castor sugar if you want to.
  • Place them into a cool oven for 2 hours or until they are dry right through. This you can test easily by trying to pick one up. If the bottom of the meringue sounds hollow when tapped lightly then they are ready
  • When the meringues have cooled down place some whipped cream in between two halves.
  • Shazz suggests also adding strawberry jam or lemon curd/cheese and Greebo goes for chocolate spread.

smiley - rose Enjoy

The Recipe Archive

Morally Challenged Banana

13.06.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Greaseproof paper.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A766433

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more