Black Eyes and How to "cure" them

4 Conversations


Been in a fight? Here's some cures that should clear up black eyes after a few goes...
This Should be especially helpful for fans of Fight Club...

With Ice

This first one is mainly prevention, not cure, and should be used within 24 hours of receiving the black eye...

The theory behind this is that the ice cools down the blood vessels, therefore slowing the rate of blood flow, which stops the black eye swelling too much



What you need:
Ice or an IcepackA Teatowel

Step 1: Wrap the ice up in the teatowel

Step 2: Hold the ice-filled teatowel onto the black eye for a maximum of 5~10 Min.

Step 3: Repeat step 2 a few times

NOTE! Only hold the teatowel on the bruised skin, not the actual eyeball! The eyeball is very delicate and being frozen can't be very good for it.

With An Egg
What you need:
An EggA HandkerchiefA silver ring
  • A Saucepan
  • Water
  • A Stove
  • Step 1: Boil the egg until the yolk isn't runny, then take the yolk out (taking care to not destroy the white bit much.)

    Step 2: With the egg white, put in the silver ring and try to wrap the white part around the ring.

    Step 3: Wrap it all in the Handkerchief.

    Step 4: Rub the Egg-filled Handkerchief firmly over the bruised part of your eye(s) until it gets cold.

    When finished, take the ring out - It should have accumulated a black layer on it. A little bit of cleaner should get it off.
    I would also advise against eating the egg.

    This theory behind this, is that the silver ring and the egg are supposed to draw out toxins from the bruised skin, therefore taking down the swelling.

    I have tried this quite a few times, and it seems to work pretty well

    this is not a miracle cure, and will not work instantly, but should make a notable difference to the black eye overnight

    With Raw Meat

    This could be one of the most well known cures for black eyes...

    This is one remedy that I haven't tested yet, but from what I know, it seems to work...



    What you need:
    A lump of raw steak

    Step 1: Hold the raw meat over your bruised eye

    Step 2: Wait

    Like the egg, I would advise against eating the meat

    Leeches

    (contributed by Brislib)

    *shudder* This is one I definitely haven't tried, and probably won't be trying in the near future...


    what you need:
  • A leech
  • Guts/Nerves, etc
  • Step one: Apply the leach to the black eye (not the actual eyeball)

    Step 2: Wait, I guess...


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A806519

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Written and Edited by

    Credits

    References

    h2g2 Entries

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more