The Post Goes Graphic!

2 Conversations


This week started with an announcement via the h2g2 Announcements page of the birth of another volunteer group for h2g2.

Although only now released into the community, the Community Artists have already done some sterling work behind the scenes designing some of the latest smileys. This small but select band will be busy designing pictures for Guide Entries and yet more smileys. Details of the group, what they do and how you may join them are all available on their page.

Also new this week, as mentioned by Greebo, was the introduction of the official Post badge, awarded to all our regular contributors. To be eligible for this badge, you need to be a columnist or to have written at least five different articles for The Post in the last six months. We think that all our columnists now have their badge, but please let us know if you think that you should be awarded one and it hasn't appeared on your home space. At the moment it is only available as a 'margin' badge in the Brunel skin, but the shield shown above works in alabaster and goo also. We trust that only those who are Post Reporters will display this badge on their home space. If you are interested in writing for The Post, please check out our Writing for the Post guidelines.

Artwork for The Post

With the launch of the new Community Artists volunteer group on h2g2, there come new rules regarding who can actually produce artwork for The Post.

Only those who are already part of the Art Team are allowed to provide graphics for us - this of course precludes photographs which are fine provided they are not copyright in any way. You may ask for artwork IF you are regular contributors, run a weekly or monthly column or genuinely think that a graphic is needed to enhance your article. The first step is to contact Shazz by email outlining your reason for wanting a graphic, any ideas you may have as to the style of the graphic and, where possible, the article for which the graphic is intended. You must include your name and user number and when the article will be available for publication - usually at least a week's notice would be helpful but it may be possible to provide something sooner. All requests are subject to scrutinisation and unsuitable items are, as ever, likely to be turned down. Either way, you will be notified.

If accepted, the next phase of the operation is to find an artist. Amy the Ant, who produced the wonderful 'fish' graphics often seen accompanying Post articles, has been appointed the Post's Art Manager and will liaise with the art group on our behalf. She will pass on the details to the group and hopefully, at the end of the allocated time, will return with a sparkling new graphic for us. Shazz will approve the final design and then contact the Editorial Team for blobbing purposes.


ShazzPRME

19.09.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A831511

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more