Chain Story - The Adventures of Clarence

1 Conversation


h2g2 Story Time by DoctorMO

This farrago of imagination, hallucination and inspired lunacy was put together over a couple of weeks by some really hoopy cool froods from my Friends group. I haven't changed the layout of the text or the punctuation. It is presented here in its original form1. Each block of text was a fresh contribution to the narrative supplied by someone or other. The layout is an accurate reflection of the original text and of the singularity of the story, which was put together collaboratively, with no editorial interference whatsoever, by the above-mentioned hoopy guys. Try not to make too much sense of the story, nor even of the chapter headings: that way madness lies. Just go with it and ENJOY!

[Thrill seekers: this is probably not the type of chain story you might be hoping for, although daisy chains and walnut whips are mentioned in the final chapter]

Jabberwock


Chapter One, or By Way of an Introduction

To all intents and purposes, everything was normal. But then there was a shuffling, walking, running kind of sound outside, a murmur from the foot of the stairs and a sudden, insistent knocking on the door. Somebody or something was in a furious hurry. Clarence was very surprised when he...

... heard the murmur. He hadn't realised that stairs had feet and, furthermore, that they could talk (or at least murmur). Shivering at the sudden cold as he hauled himself out of bed, he shambled across the room to the door. He reached up and was just about to pull the bolt across when...

... Clarence noticed a light shining under the door. He stepped back as the door handle turned. He was just about to call out when...

...the clock struck seventeen and the room turned into some kind of...

Fiction Archive

Jabbawock

Langley

Paul H

Snailrind

Huffers

lil ol'me

Katkodl

Black Leopard

Kitush

12.01.06 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Some light editing has been undertaken by The Post Team but the essence of the piece has, hopefully, been maintained.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A8440382

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more