Spider Bites And Various Types Of Spiders

1 Conversation

There are over 40,000 different types of spider on this planet and these interesting little creatures exist just about anywhere where there is a food supply, which is usually other bugs. All of them bite, and understanding spider bites can help to diagnose a bite and seek medical treatment.

Most spiders cannot harm people, moreover are the stalkers of other pests, and are useful. Much of the populace have a distain for spiders, however their value ought to considered due to the fact that they help rid our homes of unwanted insects. The spiders that could be harmful to people such as black widows, are usually hidden out of sight under objects in the home or in piles of wood out of doors. It is a usual rule that if a spider is out during the daylight hours, can be seen in your home, they are not the poisonous kind, and we need not be alarmed.


Many people refer to the spider as an insect, this is incorrect, they are in fact arachnids. Spiders have two parts to their body, they have eight legs, no wings, or antennae. Spiders eat mostly insects and other spiders but will occasionally be found on plants. Nearly all spiders have harmful venom, which is used to subdue their pray, however the ones that have an effect on humans is due to an allergic reaction to the venom.

You can intimidate a spider to protect itself by sitting on it, standing on it, touching it, or startling it while it is in its hiding place or is hunting. The poisonous ones are usually out of our site in dark hidden away places in the garden or in the home.


The jaws of most spiders are too small to pierce the skin of most grownups but tend to bite children more often. When a web is touched, deliberately or not, the vibration could cause a bite intuitively, the spider thinking it has caught an insect. A bite may cause little or no reaction to severe response, depending on such things as health and age of the person bitten. Some affects could be swelling, itching, redness, pain, and stiffness, but they are usually not too severe.

There are times when a person is not aware of having been bitten until they begin to notice pain and itching. These bites could be other arthropods, which include ticks, fleas, bedbugs, mosquitoes, flies, and alike. In other words, spiders are not always to blame.


Most spiders are advantageous to us. They help to eliminate unwelcome insects that are a nuisance, especially in the garden. Chemical pesticide control is not often required. Keeping rubbish and clutter away from the home is a very good deterrent. Dark, damp, hidden, areas are where most of them seem to hide.


Venomous spider's venom is injected into their prey much like snake's do, and the toxin that is injected acts on the preys nervous system so it will stop struggling so the spider can wrap it up and take it home.


They like dark secluded places, hence the word recluse in their title. Their bites can cause severe pain and sometimes anaphylactic shock.


The wound a brown recluse spider or black widow spider inflicts may just feel like a pin prick at first and sometimes you will see two minute spots of blood side by side where the fangs penetrated the skin. Swelling follows and the site of the bite becomes painful, at this stage there may be feelings of nausea and stomach cramps. Depending on which spider bit you understanding spider bites and how they progress may help in diagnosis, especially if you are camping in a remote area. Depending on the age and physical health of the victim, they can also suffer fluctuating blood pressure, dizziness and vomiting. The black widows venom acts on the central nervous system.


Three days after being bitten by a brown recluse spider, there is a large necrotic area of skin, meaning all the skin in the location of the bite will have died, and the venom penetrates and kills muscle and fatty tissue, leaving a gaping wound that can only be described as like looking at a piece of raw meat. This will not heal on its own, and after nine days the wound will have continued to grow until it can be a life-threatening condition open to severe infection.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A86295108

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Currently in:

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more