The Post Time-Travel Challenge II: Olympic Journeys

1 Conversation

Over in Peer Review, the ball is already rolling. It's time for us at the Post to pull up our socks and issue a new challenge. (Yes, we know the Art Challenge is still running. You can multi-process. That's an order.)

It's time (!) to oil the old clock gears again. Set your chronometers for…

The Post Time-Travel Challenge II: Olympic Journeys

smiley - tardis

Citius, Altius, Fortius, Facetius

Yes, we know we've done time travel before. We know what you did with the instructions, too. I will never forget how Prof Animal Chaos stranded me in Palestine, somewhere BCE. I'm still trying to get the sand out of my boots. Nonetheless and all that notwithstanding, we need Olympic copy, and we are going to get it, you lazy people. So here's the task:

  • Pick an Olympic year, either BCE or CE.
  • Go there in your time machine.
  • Tell us about it.

Remember: If you've got lots of interesting gen about a particular Olympic games, a particular Olympic sport, a special Olympic hero, or similar stuff of an informational-type nature, by all means write a Guide Entry and send it to Peer Review. We cannot stress this enough. BUT…(as the Prof says)…BUT…

If you're hankering for a 'you are there' experience…if you feel you've missed your natural place and time (say Athens, about 4.30 pm on a Saturday afternoon, somewhere in the time of Socrates)…if you are itching to try out a story idea involving athletes and detectives …

Then this is your challenge to shine in.

Write it up for us. The deadline is whenever you get it done, up to the moment when they light that torch in Athens…er, London…again.

Unlike the Olympics itself, we can offer no gold, silver, or bronze medals. You are participating for the glory that was Greece, or will be the UK, or whatever. Come make us laugh, cry, think, thrill to the Olympic action.

Get to work. Don't make me come out there.

Time-Travel Challenge Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

26.09.11 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87480453

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more