insanity and its uses

0 Conversations

Insanity: a word usually used in a bad way, but in the end is it really? While its almost definately true that humans as a race really truly are, just look at the facts.

It definately has its ups and its downs.First, if we werent so completely, totally, clinically insane, we would never have achieved such works as Los Angeles, the portable phone, fast food, and air pollution(although you really could classify it in with LA) But if we werent we WOULDNT have created these things.

Going insane seems to be the only way to really make your way in the world anymore. After all, people who play extreme sports, people who actually aspire to be politicians(one of the scariest ones) and the like seem to do well in life, and if they werent insane, they wouldnt do such things.

And then again, if you go insane, all of the things we do dont seem to be nearly as bad, and lets you NOT be completely disillusioned, and you can live nice and happily in an ignorant stupor, after is ignorance not said to be bliss? but then again, they say knowledge is happiness(i think i heard it somewhere anyway) and this right there shows the true contradictoryness of human existence, yet another sign of human insanity. When they have to include instructions in a slinky box(and any kid who needs instructions for it really shouldnt be let anywhere near one)a civilization has truly lost it.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A876495

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more