GuideML - CREDITS Tag

0 Conversations

The <CREDITS> tag is used to credit a Researcher's contribution to an Edited Entry in the Article Data box without having to make the Researcher a joint author of the Entry.

The <CREDITS> section places a link to the Researcher's personal space in the Article Data box, after the Description of the credit.

Syntax and Usage


<CREDITS TITLE="Description of credit:">

<LINK DNAID="Unumber">User Name</LINK>

</CREDITS>
  • The <CREDITS> tag should be positioned after the </BODY> tag but before the </GUIDE> tag.

  • The description of the credit should be something like "Image by:" or "Additional Research by:". It should end with a colon.

  • The Unumber is the Researcher number of the Researcher to be credited.

  • The user name should be a simple name by which the Researcher is generally known. For example, Prof Animal Chaos rather than "Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O.er C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild.A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D..then again S.N.A.F.U.".

  • Additional Researchers can be included in the credit by adding links to their usernames before the </CREDITS> tag.

  • If you want to credit the Researcher, or a different Researcher, with something else as well, you will have to use a second <CREDITS> section.

  • The credit will only be displayed on Edited Entries, not on unedited ones.

Known Issues

The CREDITS tag does not work in the Alabaster skin. It doesn't cause any problems, but nothing will be displayed in the Article Data box.

Example One

The following code credits researcher Gnomon with an "Inspired by:" credit on an Edited Entry:

<CREDITS TITLE="Inspired by:">
<LINK DNAID="U151503">Gnomon</LINK>
</CREDITS>

Example Two

The following code credits researchers Gnomon and Icy North with an "Additional Research by:" credit on an Edited Entry:

<CREDITS TITLE="Additional Research by:">
<LINK DNAID="U151503">Gnomon</LINK>
<LINK DNAID="U225620">Icy North</LINK>
</CREDITS>

Example Three

The following code credits researcher Gnomon with an "Inspired by:" credit and Researcher Icy North with a "Photo by:" credit on an Edited Entry:

<CREDITS TITLE="Inspired by:">
<LINK DNAID="U151503">Gnomon</LINK>
</CREDITS>
<CREDITS TITLE="Photo by:">
<LINK DNAID="U225620">Icy North</LINK>
</CREDITS>

Further Information


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87747844

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more