The House

0 Conversations

A man hides in the shadows.

The room was dark and black, with a coldness that could freeze your very blood as it ran through your veins. Shaking I ran my hand against the wall, fingers searching, feeling for the touch of a plastic switch, but all they found was the cold, damp wall.

'God' I thought 'Surely there must be a switch somewhere here'. I started to question my sanity of ever having come here at all. After all, what was I hoping to find here, or learn for that matter?

A loud BANG! sounded at the rear of the house. I crouched down, making myself as small as possible. This was silly; whoever it was wouldn't be able to see me. It was just too dark, at least that's what I hoped. Still, I cowered, shaking, trying to make myself part of the wall; afraid, too afraid to move.

Footsteps!

Footsteps approaching!

They came ever closer, they were now almost upon me! I was frozen to the spot, unable to move. It was too late to move now anyway, the sound would alert It to where I was crouched. I just had to hope that its night vision was as bad as my own. It was so close now I could smell it! Oh God! What if it could smell me? What if it could hear the rapid thumping of my heart as it tried to beat its way out of my chest? It drew ever closer, it must know I was there. Frozen with fear, a silent tear ran a path along my cheek.

It was now right in front of me, it crouched too. I could feel its tepid breath upon my face. I opened my mouth in a silent scream.

Then it spoke...

"Will you stop pratting about and come hold this torch so I can fix the fuse!"

A diagram of a British plug.

Fiction Archive

Card Lady

26.03.12 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87749040

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more