Venerable Researchers: Two-Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

0 Conversations

This week, we're talking with Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron, who's worth a bit more than smiley - 2cents

When did you join h2g2?

I think I must have been part of the initial bunch of registrations, but I don't think I did much with it. I started getting active in 2000.

How did you hear of/find h2g2?

I don't recall. Was there some sort of advertising associated with Starship Titanic? I may have been looking at stuff online associated with Douglas Adams.

Why did you join h2g2?

I had been involved with BBS systems, and I liked conversations with people online from different backgrounds.

Did you jump right in, or did you lurk awhile first?

See above.

After some digging, it looks like you joined between May 2, 1999, and May 9, 1999, and your first activity looks to be October 22, 2000.

Have you written an Edited Entry?

Yes.

How many?

10 to 20.

What was your first Entry?

Driving Etiquette - Saudi Arabia. I think there was a series of driving etiquette conversations or entries at the time. It doesn't look like it's very useful.

What is your favorite Entry (of the ones you've written, if any)?

I'm not sure. When I go back and look at most of the stuff I've written, it's crap. The Gun Safety entry seems pretty decent. Probably the best was the one on Miranda.

What is your favorite Entry by someone else?

I tend to read them and move on. I don't remember specific entries. I do remember Jimi's article on Mad Anthony Wayne was pretty good. I remember it from when I sub-edited it.

Do you belong to/have you started any clubs/societies/what-have-you on h2g2?

I was in the Southeastern US Researcher's Group and the Barracks, but I don't think anything is active there.

I thought I remembered. Ah, yes, you're also in the Northwest US Researchers Group. Not that that's been active lately either.

Have you held any volunteer positions in the past?

I was a sub-editor.

Are you a current volunteer?

No.

Which elvised researcher do you miss most?

Blues Shark and Blatherskite.

Have you been an elvised researcher?

Yes.

What brought you back?

When I have downtime in the December/January time frame, I drift back to discuss and argue a bit. I miss European sensibilities even when they're wrong.

Have you been known by other names on h2g2 (not necessarily other accounts)?

No.

Is there anything from h2g2's past that you miss?

Good conversation.

Is there anything from h2g2's past that you wish you hadn't witnessed?

No.

What aspect of current h2g2 do you wish had been extant when you joined?

No.

Have you been to any meets, of any size, whether "official" or not (meet=over a dozen, minimeet=6-12, micromeet=less than a half dozen)?

No.

If you've never been to a meet, why not?

Aren't they generally in the UK?

Not necessarily. The vast majority are, though.

Am I asking too many questions?

No.

Is this getting annoying?

Yes.

How about now?

No. Not any more.

Had you even heard of mufflewhumps before the previous question?

Yes. We had a discussion about them once.

Have I given you one before?

Yes.

Did you know me before this interview?

Just from the Guide.

Do you have a question for me (fair's fair, after all)?

No.

Thank you, Two Bit.

Next week, we will be hearing from Peet the Pedantic .

The Venerable Researchers Archive

Amy

27.05.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87796084

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more