Join the Q: More Flowers and Love

1 Conversation

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q: More Flowers and Love

Not a Valentine's Bouquet

In one of my February Create Entries, I talked about the bargain bouquets of Valentine's Roses that I had enjoyed in the past in honour of my darling. It was a bit strange this year, not helped by Valentine's Day falling on a Wednesday, as roses weren't in stock in supermarkets until after I had been shopping on the Saturday.

I made do with deep pink and white roses the weekend before the 'big day' but it was disappointing that there were only eight flowers in the bunch, and sadly they only just lasted until Valentine's Day, as all but one of the flowers faded more quickly than expected.

I had seen an advert for a massive bunch of 100 roses at one supermarket, but that was more expensive than a dozen roses, of course. Also, I wasn't sure if there would be any left by the weekend following Valentine's Day, anyway, so I decided not to travel to that supermarket, even though I had been intrigued to know what a bunch of 100 roses looked like in real life.

As it turned out, I was glad I didn't go too far in search of roses when I went to a closer supermarket and found their leftovers from the previous Wednesday. Time in the harsh lights and temperatures of the stark supermarket environment had not been kind to the flowers, so the Valentine's Bouquets were definitely past their best.

That didn't matter, though, because a fresh delivery of red roses had arrived. Only 10 blooms in the bunch, but after they had been arranged into a vase with some frothy white Gypsophila, they created a lovely bouquet for me and my darling!

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

12.03.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87905929

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more