Join the Q: Gerbera Experiments

1 Conversation

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q: Gerbera Experiments

Since I got a new camera this year, I have been carrying out various experiments. Recently I enjoyed taking pictures of the rose that shares my darling's name, and testing the art mode on my camera to see what special effects it could produce without the aid of computer-based editing software. Naturally the natural image was the one I preferred best, but High Key generated an impressively bright image while Low Key was less effective in showing off the delicate peachy pink petals.

Another favourite flower of my darling and mine is the Gerbera, with its silky soft petals and fuzzy centre. I bought some bright pink ones and decided to try the camera's art mode again to see what would happen this time.

Fascinatingly, the success of the effects was the opposite way round compared to the rose photographs. High Key created a striking image, with lime green stems supporting fluorescent pink petals against a pale background. However, Low Key was the setting that showed the blooms off to best advantage, with the black background making the pink petals seem brighter.

Gerbera High KeyGerbera Low Key

Spot Colour mode also created a strong effect, with a monochrome background contrasting well with the faded pink and green of the flowers. The image I like best, though, is the unfiltered close up, showing the different textures and colours that make up the Gerbera flower.

Gerbera Spot ColourGerbera Close Up

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

06.08.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A87915405

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more