Post Quiz: Real-Life Litigation

0 Conversations

Post Quiz: Real-Life Litigation

Litigious: it's a word meaning 'likes to sue people'. We're not, but other people are, which is why we are careful about copyright. Some of these complaints seem justified, others….well, you'll see.

Fill in the blanks to complete the stories of some bizarre, but real-life lawsuits.

  1. This 2019 lawsuit by the US owner of the official (it's in Guinness) 'world's smallest dog' alleges that a South Korean biotech company ___________ the tiny chihuahua more times than allowed for in its contract.
  2. A woman living near Pittsburgh is suing Aldi. Why? Her turkeyburger __________ while being fried on the stove.
  3. In January, 2019, a New York City woman filed a lawsuit against a Bronx hospital for mixing up its patients. As a result of confusion between another patient and her brother (who was really in jail at the time), she was asked to decide to _________________________ for a total stranger. She is suing for emotional distress.
  4. An Oregon man is suing restaurant chain Burger King for reneging on its promise of free meals for life following an incident in which the man became trapped in the lavatory. The man and his attorney calculated the amount of money claimed based on a burger a week for the rest of his life. This was reckoned as the national average minus five years. Why minus five years? _________________________.
  5. Last December, a class-action lawsuit was filed against Hawaiian brand potato chips. Why? ________________________.
  6. Last year, a US man who is blind sued Playboy magazine for violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. Why? He wanted to _________________, and their website wasn't compatible with his software.
  7. In Alaska last November, a lawsuit hinged on the legality of an agreement written (and signed) on a ____________ ____________. (The jury upheld the contract.)
  8. Last October, two Youtubers were sued by a North Carolina game producer for selling __________ of their game online.
  9. In North Carolina last July, a man successfully sued his wife's lover for $8 million for ____________ his _____________.
  10. And finally, last summer, musician Sacha Robotti sued his former manager because after a falling-out, the manager redirected the musician's website to ___________.

Click for the legal answers.

The scales of justice
Click for answers.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

15.04.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87935926

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more