July 2019 Create Challenge: You Have a History

1 Conversation

July 2019 Create Challenge: You Have a History

July Create Challenge by FWR

You know that tab on your internet browser? The one that says 'History'? Do you ever worry about it? Recently, several Researchers got to musing as to what Homeland Security or Interpol might think about their search histories: after all, h2g2 Researchers do a lot of, well, research. Research that might lead to some dodgy topics.

(The Post Editor does a lot of this browsing in 'incognito mode', though whether that fools the NSA or the aliens from Zeta Reticuli is open to question.)

Have you just looked up 'baroque bassoons', followed by 'haunted bunkers from the Second World War' and 'vitamin supplements on sale'? You may have the raw material for a Create project.

Here's what you do:

  1. Check your online browser history1. List the last 10 searches. Weed out any of an over-personal nature such as, say, a size 9 arch support.
  2. Based on your list, create a story, poem, artwork, photo, or Guide Entry combining as many of these disparate elements as possible.
  3. Send it to the correct h2g2 venue. Simple.

Around here, we're always into 'shoes, and ships, and sealing wax', so why not put it to use? See you in the funny papers.

Create

1If you're using Chrome, there's a pull-down menu in the upper right corner. If you're in Firefox, search for 'search history' in your browser. If you're using anything else, you may have to noodle around. Let us know if you can't find it, and we'll ask Researchers.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87941082

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more