DG's Condensed Books: Pincher Martin for the Internet

0 Conversations

DG's Condensed Books: Pincher Martin for the Internet

You've heard of condensed books, right? Shortened versions for people in a hurry? Here's my graphic condensed version of William Golding's 1957 masterpiece, Pincher Martin, also titled The Two Deaths of Christopher Martin.

When I first read the book, I thought it was theological. Now I'm told it's existential. I just re-read it to create this edition: I stick to my assessment. The two aren't mutually exclusive, ask Kierkegaard. Anyway, this should hold you until somebody makes a blockbuster movie with Jason Statham in. There is an opera, you know.

Anyone who cares to is welcome to send a condensed book to the Post. Just keep it to 10 panels, not wider than 600 pixels. Around here, we measure our literature by the pixel.

A condensed version of 'Pincher Martin' by William Golding
Dmitri Gheorgheni Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

03.02.20 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87967499

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more