Book Report: Last Orders Please

0 Conversations

Last Orders Please

Researcher NeddySeagoon has stopped by to tell us about a book he has written that was inspired by our founder Douglas Adams. Looks like it is due to be published in November, so we wish Neddy all the best with that.Zaphod Beeblebrox from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy TV Series.

After reading The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy I was deeply depressed to think that someone had been tapping into my subconscious mind and then draining my imagination.

After Douglas Adams had passed into the netherworld the loudest of the voices in my head disappeared. During that time I experienced a long period of calm sobriety until I began to drink heavily again and the voice then came rushing back. At first it was just my name whispered from behind on a busy crowded rush hour sidewalk. Turning around to see only the irritated faces that were forced to flow around a piece of debris in a river of lost tumbling souls. I began discovering writing utensils in my hand that I had unconsciously nicked from bank counters with which I had no affiliated connections. In cafés my finger would scribble madly indecipherable words on table tops. I was opening microwave doors leaving 42 seconds each time.

So after three years now I feel as though I have been rowing as a slave chained deep below inside a rancid foul Ancient Greek war ship, rarely fed, flogged frequently. Yes here with a sharp dagger point thrust upon my cheek I was forced to finish this cheap, thin, overpriced paperback novel of which I have not yet seen a single penny. Gratefully this morning my fever has broken and the voice behind the blade, which turned out to be a feather poking through my pillow, has gone away.

Still I have been having strong uncomfortable sensations that someone is laying beside me at night snoring heavily and stealing the blankets.

Sir Neddy Seagoon. 1896-2008

General Features Archive

Neddy Seagoon

27.04.20 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87981448

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more