The 168th Greatest Story in the Universe - A Tribute

4 Conversations

Tezza, Tel, Mr T. Doesn't matter how you interpreted it he just wasn't happy with it. There was something distinctly disturbing about Terry Horowitz' name that he couldn't quite place.

He'd been to physiatrists, doctors, various experts, he'd even tried the opticians in case it was the way he was looking at his name. All of whom could not find an answer. Coincidently all these people bizarrely decided to quit their jobs shortly after, which added more concern to his already furrowed brow.

The 34 year old carpenter, had always felt sort of out of sync with the world, as if he'd never been properly put in. A bit of botched job. However, the enormity of it didn't actually strike him, until he walked through his closed bathroom door. Of course he was half a sleep at the time, so technically he didn't notice it until the second time he walked through it.

Now at this point one would usually expect someone to go "What the hell happened there?", but instead just said : "Well that explains a lot". However his follow up reaction to this was : "Why did I say that, I've just walked through a bleeding door!", and normal reactions such as running up and down and hiding in the corner for a couple of hours soon kicked in.

Eventually he decided to try to go through the door again, but it didn't work. Now he was in pain (after banging his head), as well as confused. He tried a few different ways of going through the door but nothing worked. He eventually decided he must have imagined it, leaned on the door and fell through it again.

For a few seconds he just stared at the other side of the door that he had just fallen through. He touched the door. Yes it was solid. Then he pinched himself, yes he was solid. So how did he (a solid object) manage fall through a solid door.

He decided to film it. He needed to prove this to someone if he couldn't do it again. So he got the camera out and tried to blank his mind. Unfortunately there was somebody yelling outside, distracting him (which if he'd thought about it would have been exactly what he was looking for, but he didn't). He explained to them that he needed quiet, but unfortunately Terry wasn't very good at explaining things, and so one of the two men who were arguing, started having a go at him.

"What do you want mate?", inquired the man.

Terry gave a frustrated look, given he had already tried to explain what he wanted. "Look will you just be quiet, I need to concentrate."

"Yeah, with what? Your just a pervert aren't you I know what your up to!"

"What?!!! No, I'm not like that. Your not listening. If you must know I need to fall through a door", which Terry immediately regretted saying, as both men started laughing inanely.

"Your a sadist then!", said the man.

"Look just go away will you!"

The man then came face to face with Terry, almost so their noses touched. "Don't mess in other peoples affairs."

"I wouldn't have to if you did this somewhere else"

The man grabbed Terry by the throat. "I'll say it again. Mind your own affairs."

Now there are two things you should know about Terry before this continues : 1) That he is not a great diplomat, and 2) That he has a mortal fear of being grabbed by the neck. So that when the man grabbed him by the neck, Terry immediately kicked the man in the groin. Unfortunately for Terry however, the man in front of him was a part time cricketer, and was going to a practice match when the argument broke out wearing his groin protector. So the only effect that Terry's kick had was for the man to drop Terry to the floor (as it is still a shock, even if it isn't as painful), and that Terry now had a very saw knee.

"Help!" yelled Terry at some people at the end of the road. Unfortunately they, were the cricketer' mates, so they just stood and looked amused at the situation.

"You'll pay for that", and he picked up Terry. When his fist struck Terry, the normal scenario of the person being hit going unconscious occurred, but the problem was that the bit where the man being hit, hits the ground didn't, and instead carried on falling through the ground. This was a shock to the cricketer (who's name was Alan) and to all his mates. However, they knew no one would believe them, and they all went quietly barmy, and were never seen again.

As for Terry he kept falling through the ground until he hit an abandoned underground Train platform. Terry wouldn't notice this for a good half hour until he woke up. Of course he regretted that the moment it happened.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A896998

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more