(Un)official h2g2 blob finders

54 Conversations

Who?

The Unofficial h2g2 Blobfinders is a wholly owned subsidiary of the U215500.

What?

It is a new service run by the blobfinders division of the bugfinders to locate lost and abandoned blobs and rehome them with deserving researchers.

Why?

Do you really need to ask?! Think of all those disused blobs mouldering away in the basement next to the sign saying "beware of the leopard". Then think of all those disadvantaged researchers who can't create blobs of their own and would love to adopt one if a suitable match could be found. The A692741 is hard to search and incomplete.

Where?

The actual reference list is being held off-site. To request an image of a specific type, just post your requirements below and a member of our dedicated staff will do their best to unite you with the blob of your dreams.

When?

Er... well now really. The exploration process isn't complete (and never will be) but there are quite a lot of rediscovered blobs already impatiently awaiting new owners.

How?

Blob space is big. Really big. Just think of it as an enormous game of database battleships. A probe is launched into this huge expanse of empty space but, by a totally staggering coincidence, occasionally it hits a fairy cake. Gradually a map of the debris is produced. In theory the whole universe can be deduced from a single fairy cake but we are doing it the hard way.

Which?

That's rather up to you. In case you need some ideas though, here is today's selection of orphans. Just use Test999994 to see the code.

Last Chance To See: moving home


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A999994

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more