This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

Gnomon calling Bluebottle

Post 21

Gnomon - time to move on

The most reliable way should be using the ENTITY tag. It's not 100% reliable because some older browsers won't have the macron characters in their character set so they will show little squares or upside-down question marks, but the number of such browsers around now should be small.

In the following, replace the square brackets with angle brackets:

[ENTITY TYPE="#256"/] = A macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#257"/] = a macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#274"/] = E macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#275"/] = e macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#298"/] = I macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#299"/] = i macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#332"/] = O macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#333"/] = o macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#362"/] = U macron
[ENTITY TYPE="#363"/] = u macron

smiley - smiley

Post 22

Gnomon - time to move on

The border bug in Pliny is fixed now.

So is the 'picture embed="LEFT"' bug and the "smiley in the middle of text" bug (which didn't affect edited entries because it is not allowed).

Post 23

Bluebottle

I excitedly looked at a few of my entries with tables, but they still don't have visible borders when I look at them in Pliny when they do in Ripley?smiley - blue

<BB<

Post 24

Gnomon - time to move on

Brian Larholm said it might take a while for the cache to refresh. I found that it worked immediately on some browsers but not on others. Can you give me the A number of one of the entries which it is not working on for you?

Post 25

Bluebottle

I had a look at one of my film guide entries at random, A87890313 and I can see the border in Firefox and Internet Explorer, but not yet in Chrome. So if the problem's fixed and just is a little delayed for some browsers then I'm more than delighted. smiley - biggrin

So was the bugsmiley - ant what you were saying all along?

<BB<

Post 26

Gnomon - time to move on

Yes. I was saying but no one was listening.

Eventually, I just contacted Brian directly and said "please make the following changes". He did it and fixed the problem within a few minutes.

Post 27

Gnomon - time to move on

I can see the borders on your A87890313 entry in Chrome. It looks a lot better with borders, as it is possible to see which first column titles match with which second column bullet points.

Post 28

Bluebottle

I've just been reminded that there is at least one Edited Entry containing smileys: A87804354

<BB<

Post 29

Gnomon - time to move on

The Pliny system now puts the smiley in the middle of the line, although it puts it too high. Better than it was, which was rammed up against the right margin.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more