h2g2 Post 29.05.03

5 Conversations


Posted: 29thMay 2003

Editorial

The end of May looms already

Where has the last half year gone? We are now up to edition clickety click, 166, of The Post and the contributions and standards are getting ever bigger and better. For this reason, we have now taken under our wing a trainee Deputy Editor who will work his way up from tea-making duties and dogsbody chores to the elevated heights of editing and, eventually, publishing your favourite online newspaper. Who is our new slave, you may ask? Well, it is none other than MaW, writer of 'Musings' and two fiction series. Please join us in welcoming him onboard.

In other news from around h2g2, Ormondroyd was interviewed on Radio Five about P.U.D.D.I.N.G. Read all about it in his feature article! Alongside MaW, we also welcome Fashion Cat with a revamped series based on the old h2g2 favourite 'On This Day in History'. Also, apologies for the missing cartoon - we had a few technical difficulties which will hopefully be resolved in the very near future.

Next week, we have a special reflective edition because I am off to the Isle of Wight for a very important family event. This means that there will be no 'live' copy as such, so no items are required until after 6th June.

Finally, a word of warning. As you may remember, one of our popular writers, useless hound or 'boots' recently lost her husband. She returns this week with a very powerful piece called 'Tomorrow is Too Long' which includes events and feelings which have encompassed her during the last two weeks. Some of you may find it upsetting, so please read with caution.

ShazzPRME


 
 
FEATURES
 
 

  • Gravel

  • Is gravel really this interesting?

FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

  • Escape Pod Dreams

  • The case for putting the tots back in the mills and teaching them by telepathy...


  • Dr. Funderlik's Regular Grunt

  • The superstructure of that indefinite sense of

    the ineffible existential curiosity which might

    be called the life of the artist

h2g2 NEWS
 
 

 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1019341

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more