Escape Pod Dreams - 122

0 Conversations

The Unexplained (UNTIL NOW!) Mystery Issue

The New New blob

FREE! In this tiny book! All the questions you'll ever need for all the answers you've never needed! Sign on the dotted line and promise to raise your children and chickens according to these little black characters printed in india ink on handmade rice paper, OR ELSE!

The author of The Da Vinci Code, Mister Brown or something, got sued again. Imagine that. I know that millions of gullible readers got caught up in the thrilling and wonderful story that Mr Brown typed into his word processor and a nice little publisher called Random House pooped out onto the printed page so that thousands of trees could die for Christ once more and that, further and farther more, a whole pile of otherwise intelligent people bought into the hypothesis behind the plot of the fictional yet based on some version of reality as we think we unknow it story to the point where they ACTUALLY BEGAN TO ENGAGE IN WEB SEARCHES on the matter of 'hidden meanings in ancient paintings'. Wow. Just wait until they catch on to the hidden meanings in comic books... Oh, wait, that was done in the Fifties, in a book called 'Seduction of the Innocent'. Oh, well, that won't stop them. Everything old is new again, said someone once, paraphrasing Solomon, who got it from a fortune cookie in a Chinese restaurant in Tel Aviv...

The New New blob

More reasons why if Jeanne De Arc had learned to read, we wouldn't be in such trouble now:

1. 8:57 AM
The Aire of Mystery or Disappointment is in the Air

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
The Eric Von Daniken Memorial Basketweaving exhibition and hysterical research bazaar

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
How to find hidden ancient treasure without leaving your own home!

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
How grown-up is it to be a childish little moron?

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams Archive

TonsilRevenge

23.03.06 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A10284130

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more