The Bradford Broccoli

5 Conversations

(Being the latest in the ongoing vegetable-titled adventures of THE FLAT CAP AND MUFFLER SPORTS AND SOCIAL CLUB - Affiliated)

Pondering the pub quiz

THE PLAN

Meet in the fair city of Bradford on Saturday, October 4, 2003.

Lights! Cameras! Action!
Go to the very wonderful National Museum of Photography, Film and Television.

Spend some time exploring the fascinating exhibits there that demonstrate all the amazing things that talented people can do with celluloid and digital imaging.

'Hi, Amy! Sqwawk!'


Make the traditional Transatlantic phone call to our regular paper participant, Amy Pawloski.



Arthur Dent thought that he'd already explored all the strangest places in the Galaxy. Then he arrived in Bradford...
Go to the TV Heaven section of the NMPFT for a private screening of episodes of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy and Blake's 7.

One of Amy the Ant's relatives hard at work.Go to the NMPFT's IMAX theatre, don 3D glasses, gaze at the giant screen and see the film Bugs! 3D, a film that enables the viewer to see the world from an insect's point of view. (Which Amy the Ant is used to, obviously, but the rest of us presumably aren't.)



Spice, girls and boys!



Sample some of Bradford's justly famous curry.





Cheers!


Conclude the meet in the time-honoured fashion, with a pub quiz and plenty of smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - ale.

The Participants

Amy the Ant
Bagpuss
DoctorMO
GreyDesk
LuvLuvMeDo
Metal Chicken
Ormondroyd
Phil
2Legs

Possible Participants

Amy
Clive the Flying Ostrich
Croz
Tonto

A Definite Participant (on paper)

Amy Pawloski


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1093187

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more