The h2g2 Post 07.12.06

1 Conversation


Posted: 7th December 2006


 

 


Happy Birthday to Us!

Is it really seven years since the launch of this humble rag called the h2g2 Post? I believe that I mentioned a potted version of our history in the editorial of the 6th Birthday Edition and full details about the inner machinations can be found contained within the article Inside The Post and Other Stories...

So, let us not dwell on the past but look to the future. After consultation between the editors we have decided that to produce an issue on January 4th would be pushing both our writers and ourselves just that little bit too far. The deadline would fall on the 30th December which could cause our contributors problems due to an already packed few days. Editing would be required during and after the New Year celebrations - and I will be DJing on the 1st from 1am until probably 5 or 6am which usually leads to me missing most of the rest of the day!

So, we have decided that the first Post of 2007 will appear on the 11th January instead. This places the deadline on the more realistic date of 7th January and will also allow you another week in which to register your votes for our Poetry Competition - talking of which you still have plenty of time to enter as the competition closes on Sunday, 17th December.

We have a wonderful edition for you this week and would love an even bigger one to keep you all entertained during the Christmas break, so please do consider sending in any festive items you may happen to have lying around looking for a good home. We would like to congratulate tonsil revenge for the landmark 100th Platypus Dancing cartoon published by us and also thank him for the birthday graphics used in this edition.

I propose a toast to the first seven years and may there be many more to come! smiley - bubbly


ShazzPRME


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A15917961

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more