The CAC Continuum

0 Conversations

Which one is me?

Fiction smiley - stiffdrink
Weird Science smiley - stout
First/Personals smiley - redwine
Kitchen Syncronicitiessmiley - ale
Satire

Don't slip! Hehehe.

Where am I?

This week's edition salutes researchers who wrote about their hometowns for the Alternative Writing Workshop. The great, late Douglas Adams' version of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy (the fictional one in the published book, not the book itself, website, radio series or movie) spoke most frequently about places... well, he might not have expected these places...

This week, we look at researcher's hometowns and some advice about visiting them. Plucked directly from the Alternative Writing Workshop, these pieces are sure to provide you with help when you visit the towns (or cities, as the case may be) in question.

Pigeons on a park bench plotting

Bill of Lading:

In preparation for visiting these hometowns, we must attend to our manners and try to understand the fascinating culture of small towns. As it happens, small towns aren't as easy to visit as it would seem. So, U207585 has provided us with a slightly eccentric guide to Visiting a Small Town. Stay in front of the cows!

A bunny jumping over Michigan

There is one great small town that helps to produce some of the finest cereals in the world. It's a rather interesting small town, so visit Battle Creek, Michigan (Cereal City) (by U239956). Make sure to ask for free samples. You won't get any at the article, but ask.

While we're in Michigan, we might as well visit EAST LANSING: Land of spoiled white detroit suburbs children and drinking and boring idiocy, with a guided tour provided by U551438. What? Rants can provide good tourist information...

Clap on! Clap off!

Los Angeles is one of the most interesting tourist-filled cities in the world. The presence of the entertainment industy in the city can't be understated, attracting millions of people to visit and gawk at all of the pretty things. One thing that isn't so pretty is the Road Rage in Los Angeles. This informational, helpful, and perhaps life-saving piece is provided by U228619.

Unfortunately, this issue of CAC Continuum was brought to you by means of smiley - blacksheepJodansmiley - blacksheep,

friend of the CACklers and an UnderGuide
Editor.

The boilerplate:

And, finally, a warm thanks to those who have waited for our return and those who have helped it along. We couldn't do it without you. The Committee for Alien Content(ment) salutes you!

This boxed set of the Compleat Works of Margaret Truman
produced and recorded by (tonsil revenge)!

The CAC Continuum Archive

In association with
UG

19.02.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2304514

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more