h2g2 Post 29.07.04

1 Conversation


Posted: 29th July 2004

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

There I was happily finishing off the few remaining articles for this bumper edition when it struck. The dreaded 'This is the page of User 54963. Unfortunately' etc etc... As is usual in the days leading up to publication I had about 4 different windows open. One was formatting The Post front page and had just been clicked for a preview. That action returned the scary message; 'You do not have permission to delete this guide entry'! Another page had been asked to access a Post archive. This one came up with; 'No Such Guide Entry
The Guide Entry you requested does not exist. Perhaps you mistyped it, or the link you followed was broken.' The final window I hadn't clicked, so I waited for a while and then tried to travel back to The Post Office... still just a user number with no page content. Slightly worrying as, by my reckoning, The Post Team has around 5,000 plus entries to its name now. Anyway, if you are reading this, everything must be back to normal now - although my early night has become a 4am marathon session.

Whilst I am rabbiting on about h2g2 matters may I remind you of the Links service we provide. We try very hard to keep a list of all the clubs in and around h2g2 but can only keep this up to date with your help. Please let us know if you spot a club which has fallen into misuse/been deleted for any reason and we especially like to know when a new one has been set up. Not only will it be added to the ever expanding list but also be featured in the 'new clubs' section of the Announcements. Unfortunately, Deus still seems absent so the Ads page is currently not being updated. Hopefully he will be back in the swing of things soon.

Finally, a plea to all our poets to send us some more poems. The cupboard is almost bare! Oh, and those of you who enjoy fiction (and we have some great fiction in this edition) may be interested to know that MaW returns very soon with a new series.

ShazzPRME


 
FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Easily Effective 'E' Words + 'H2IQ Revisited'

h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2616374

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more