Escape Pod Dreams - 78

0 Conversations

Escape Pod Dreams - The Fear of Work Issue

The New New blob

Work and other four letter words


I've got this strange habit. I like to know what is going on. Many of the jobs I have held involved my asking questions because I really didn't know what was going on. These were entry level positions (a phrase that I think some closet queen invented) that involved my employers and some co-workers wondering why I even bothered to apply or to show up for work (in the case of the temporary jobs) if I didn't have a clue. I'll tell you why, just like I told them. I don't figure things out as quickly as some people. You would think that if a firm is going to hire someone or have the agency send someone over that they might understand a little transition period. But, no, it seems that many of these people don't understand what they are doing within the scheme of the firm, so they can't explain it to someone else. I've had three occasions when I showed up for work and found myself being trained by someone who wasn't really trained themselves, another temp. That really shows a concern for productivity, doesn't it? If you don't care enough to pay attention to the people who work for or with you, then maybe you are the one who is not doing their job. The phrase 'you ask too many questions' should not be heard in the ear of a new employee.

The New New blob

More reasons why I really am ambivilent about being called back after an interview:

1. 8:57 AM
Job One

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Job Two

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
Job Three

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
Job Four

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

29.07.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2869400

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more