Park bench on the moon

2 Conversations


This is a quiet looking spot with grey craters as far as you can see in every direction. There is a wooden park bench floating about a foot in the air despite the four people sitting on it. You breathe the atmosphere with surprising ease but you're quite perturbed to notice that you feel incredibly light, as if you could effortlessly jump several meters.


There is a bottle of Baileys, a very tired looking bottle of Bacardi and a bottle of Bells sitting here with a packet of disposable FoaGlaz(TM) cups lying invitingly next to them, a veritable carpet of cheesy wotsits and as a iron bucket full of some bright lical punch which is giving off some fumes that make you think you ought to start drinking it before it corrodes the bucket completely.

Oscar giggles and waves you over to try out the space-hoppers and you try your best to hide your concern at the bizarre faces the hoppers are pulling.
Kims and Cynthias computers are all here, tied up with thick yellow string. Are they being cajoled into coming up here and partying maybe?


Something catches the corner of your eye... you could swear you saw Abi there, but she's organising the party on Earth isn't she? How could she have got here so fast?


You gaze back towards mother Earth and smile approvingly at the scaffolding of balloons and jelly towering up from it.

Is that Madonna they're listening to? crumbs :)




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A309151

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more