The CAC Continuum

1 Conversation

The Look No Further Issue

I thought we were supposed to the weird ones?

Fiction smiley - cheersWeird Science smiley - drunk First/Personals smiley - hangoverKitchen Syncronicitiessmiley - emptySatire

The world we live on is stunningly beautiful and sometimes incredible to the point where it seems quite alien. But it's not alien, it's ours and if it seems alien at times it's because we don't stop and open our eyes and look at it. All of it. We miss so much rushing past, deep in our own little bits of world, not looking and assuming our little bit is how the world is. Here's a chance to stop and look if you'll take it.

The Sun beaming its rays down upon foliage.

A Chance...

...to see through Willem the U168712's eyes, here in the first post of one of his journals, some of the weird and wonderful plants from his back yard. Well not quite his back yard but he'd like it to be. How can anyone close their eyes to Spiny Elephant's Feet, Star Chestnuts and Impala Lilies? Perhaps the weirdest thing of all is that we do and that these fellow inhabitants of our planet are unknown to most of us. Here's a taster "This plant is extremely hard to characterise. Is it a tree? A shrub? It simply doesn't conform to the image of any particular general sort of 'plant' one might visualise. In my own mind, what it looks like, is a gigantic Medusa's Head that is buried so that only the top of it - above the eyebrows - sticks out above ground." Hungry for weird and wonderful? There's no need to look any further than our own Earth.

Clouds in the sky

...to live with U179495 a reminder of what it's like when the sun goes out in daylight and the relief, despite our oh so knowing and modernly scientific minds, when it comes back again. Another taster; "A fat, growing crescent stands on an end, the moon exiting rapidly to the right. The light is brighter, birds are picking up their song once more, and fat Olive Thrushes have resumed their dog-dish raids.".

A lithops - a 'stone' blooming with flowers.

Chances are there'll be other chances but you never know when the next chance'll be. Take your chances friends.

A wall of bamboo

This week's CAC Continuum was selected from the undergrowth of h2g2 by Waz in the never ending search for gems for the UG
(while bunking out of the Alternative Writing Workshop ).

Speak for yourself!

The boilerplate:

And, finally, a warm thanks to those who write the stuff we filch
and those who read the stuff we filch
and those who bring you the stuff we filched.
We couldn't and wouldn't do it without you.
The Committee for Alien Content(ment) salutes you! smiley - smiley - smiley -

This box of turkish delight inspected and packaged by (tonsil revenge)smiley - shark!

The CAC Continuum Archive

In association with
UG

06.01.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A3480077

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more