The Virtual Prez: Voting Results!

2 Conversations

The Virtual h2g2 Presidential Election Results

This was a tightly run race. On the first day of voting alone 25 votes were cast.After a day or two of voting however, it appeared that it was to be a three horse race between Demon Drawer, Peregrin and The Celery. During the course of the voting Demon Drawer seemed to drop back to leave the race between Peregrin and The Celery. However, as the rush of voting died down, Demon Drawer continued to have a steady influx and gradually pulled back into contention.

As the last week drew ever closer Demon Drawer and The Celery were tied for second place behind Peregrin, but upon checking the votes three of The Celery's votes were disqualified as they all came in from the same researcher! So The Celery's vote count was down leaving Demon Drawer to steadily creep up on Peregrin.

With only one days voting to go the numbers were tied between Demon Drawer and Peregrin, but with a bout of last minute polling by the supporters of Peregrin a lead was struck and the new, and indeed first Virtual President of h2g2 is Peregrin.

CandidateVotes Cast
Login0
The Cheese1
Baldrick2
Don Alfredo2
Eomando6
Insane Endeavour6
The Big C6
Marv the Grate9
The Masque9
The Celery19
Demon Drawer27
Peregrin31

We, at the Post, received this email from Gw7en:

Congrats to Peregrin! Speech! Speech! ;-)


Seriously, great race everyone! That was lots of fun.


G7

Pastey

I would like to thank Pastey for acting as moderator and vote checker for the election and commend him on doing a great... and fair job! Editor


25.09.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A442351

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more