Just for Fun

0 Conversations

Congratulations to THE POST, for reaching it's first anniversary. Hope there will be many... many more.



IT'S THE POST


A change this week... All answer's to the below questions can be found in past editions of THE POST... Good luck!!!.


  1. What was Pastey's job title?
  2. Who was the first 1-2-1 interview with?
  3. Who brought us the interactive horoscope?
  4. Who had an accident involving a bike and a strong wind?
  5. What was Shazz's job title?


The answers to last times questions and a list of researchers with all correct answers, can be found below.


JOKE OF THE WEEK


Greebo wanted to go ice fishing. She'd seen many books on the subject, and finally, after getting all the necessary "tools" together, she made for the nearest frozen lake.

After positioning her comfy footstool, she started to make a circular cut in the ice. Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!"

Startled, Greebo moved further down the ice, poured a thermos of warm milk, and began to cut yet another hole. Again, from the heavens, the voice bellowed, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!"

Greebo was quite worried now, and moved way down to the opposite end of the ice, set up her stool, and tried again to cut her hole. The voice came once more. "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!"

She stopped, looked skyward, and said, "Is that you, Lord?"

The voice replied, "NO, THIS IS THE MANAGER OF THE ICE RINK!"


NAME THAT SONG


Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it. Answers will be published in next weeks Post. This one is 'Just For Fun' folks, so don't E-Mail me the answers.


This weeks quote:-



'...he said, 'Woah!, I'd like to help you son but you're too young to vote'


BEST ON THE WEB


Every week I try to show you a page on the web that has got to win an award somewhere, even it is 'The Oddest Web Page on the Net Award'. So if you know a web page that I should check out for inclusion in this section, then e-mail me and let me know. Remember to keep it clean folks...



With so many virus scares about at the moment, I thought that for a change, I would tell you about a really useful site.

It's called HOUSECALL, and what it is, is an on-line virus scanner. It will check your hard-drive and what ever other drives you want, whilst you are surfing online.

It's very up to date, and well worth a visit.

CLICK HERE


LETTERS TO THE CAT


Now some of the best letters sent in this week, keep them coming in folks.

Some letters may be edited due to space limitations



Dearest Greebo,

When you are being introduced to someone, is it all right to say, "I've
heard a lot about you"?


Gertrude Melon


Depends on what you heard Gertrude!

Greebs



Greebs

A friend told me this.

Always give 100% at work


12% on Monday

23% on Tuesday

40% on Wednesday

20% on Thursday

5% on Fridays


Josua Tree


Knew I was doing something wrong.
Greebs


THE WINNERS and LAST WEEK'S ANSWERS

Alas no winners yet again... But nice try for all those that entered, better luck this week guys...


It's A Wrap Answers


FOREST GUMP
  1. How many Academy Awards did the film win?
    6
  2. Complete this famous saying from the film... 'Life is like a box of ______'
    Chocolates
  3. Who played Forrest's mother?
    Sally Field
  4. Who directed the film?
    Robert Zemeckis
  5. Which of the following didn't star in the film.
    Robin Wright, Mykelti Williamson or Gary Oldman.

    Gary Oldman

Name That Song Answers


'You know I love you, I always will'


Love is all around by Wet Wet Wet


AND FINALLY



Send your quiz answers, jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

04.12.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A483608

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more