h2g2 Post 22.03.2001

3 Conversations



Posted: 22nd March 2001

Editorial

Welcome back to The Post... and to h2g2 itself!

This is the first edition of The Post to appear under the auspices of the new BBC/h2g2 banner.

We hope that you will bear with us as we try to find our new role in this ever-expanding community which is h2g2.

You may notice a few changes, hopefully for the better, which have been essential for the smooth running of this publication. The first, probably most noticeable change, is the inclusion of new graphics. We are indebted to Amy the Ant for designing, at very short notice, the wonderful new 'fish' gifs for our own, exclusive use in The Post.
If you like her 'new-look' graphics, please do drop a message in to us to say so!

The loss of h2g2, and it's return as a part of BBC online, affected all of us in different ways. We have quite a few articles in this edition highlighting the various feelings and worries of the 'hard core' of the old h2g2 community. Fragilis examines most of the changes in her 'View at h2g2'.

The recent outbreak of 'Foot and Mouth' disease is also a tricky subject which is given full coverage.

On the positive side, The Post is pleased to announce the arrival of what/whom has been dubbed 'The Wowbagglet'! Yes... the Post's wonderful cartoonist is the proud father of Lachlan Thomas O'Conner... a welcome new addition to the h2g2 family!

There are no classified advertisments or announcements in this issue, for obvious reasons, but this feature of The Post will return in the very near future.



Any copy, articles, suggestions should be sent to The Editor. Please use this same address if you are interested in volunteering to become a regular contributor.

shazzPRME

FeaturesRegulars

  • Vegiman's Ramblings.

  • Foot & Mouth and the Farmers Dilemma

    Vegiman points out some of the things that may affect

    the UK in the near future.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A519473

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more