The h2g2 Post 16.11.09

1 Conversation


Posted: 16th November 2009


 

 


The Show must go on

Well, for those of you who wondered who'd take over as Post Editor, the waiting has come to an end. For those who missed last week's Post, let me tell you that sadly, Rich decided to pass on the reins of the h2g2 flagship. This came as a shock to our readers, writers and Post Team alike. He's been the editor I knew best. He taught me everything about the Post that I know today. He was incredibly patient. He encouraged me to learn a lot of the technical side of running the Post, to go out and actively look for suitable pieces, and he invited me to step in as editor when he was away. His enthusiasm was contagious, and he was always full of ideas and plans for the Post - and he worked until the ideas were put into action - the latest being for the Post to go back to weekly, and for the Post Front Page to get a new design.

As I've fully supported these changes then, I don't intend to change anything now just 'because I can'. It would be a silly thing to do. I fully intend to make use of one or the other suggestion, made in the Post Readers' Forum, in the future, though. First of all, the team and I will have to steer into calmer waters again, and what with the upcoming 10th Birthday of the Post and the Christmas issue I dare say that may take a while yet.

Speaking of which: I hope we'll have lots of submissions to mark the h2g2 Post's 10th birthday on 7th December.
So to give you a good advance warning, and because I know you lot love deadlines, I'll ask you to submit articles for the 10th Birthday Issue by Monday, 30th November. This should give our splendid but reduced team a chance to prepare a cracking issue. For all issues between today and 7th December, it is 'business as usual', ie the normal rules of no deadlines apply.

Please enjoy the current issue of the Post!


B'Elana


 

 
SPIRITS AND DIMENSIONS

 

 

 

 
WHATEVER HAPPENED...?

 

 

 

 
WAYS TO TRAVEL, PLACES TO STAY

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A58768861

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more