The h2g2 Post 23.11.09

1 Conversation


Posted: 23rd November 2009


 

 


Celebrations abound...


Yes, it's that time of year again. We're quickly approaching the 10th birthday of The Post! Just two weeks later, it will be our Christmas special. Lots of work for the Post Team, as you can probably imagine. But then it is an exciting time, and I think I speak for all of us when I say it is enjoyable. The adrenaline in my body is running high.

To get you into the right mood for celebrating, we'll start with the 200th Platypus Dancing by TonsilRevenge! 50 Cartoons ago, we asked him to write us something for the occasion, and to nominate his favourite cartoons, which we re-ran. You can read here what he wrote then. This time, I asked him again to write a few lines, but instead of having him nominate a few more cartoons, I offered him a prominent space on our Front Page. You can't miss it, it's directly below.

The idea is based on one that was suggested in the Post Readers' Forum. If you'd like to tell us something in no more than 140 words (to tie in with the 140 characters you're allowed on our Twitter account, but 140 characters seemed a little—err—little) and have it displayed on the Post Front page, please let us know there. We won't do graphics, though, it would put a strain on our Art ass eds as well as on Sam, and we'd like to avoid that (plus, I'm not a geek with guide ml – or at all, come to think of it).

It's just two weeks until our 10th Birthday issue, so we hope for a lot of birthday submissions from you (in addition to your usual submissions – yes, we are greedy like that). To help us with the logistics, we ask you to submit all birthday submissions no later than midnight GMT on Monday, 30 November 2009. You'll find a special challenge in our Graphic competition below.

And now, please enjoy this issue of the Post!


B'Elana


 

 
A MILESTONE

 

 

  • A word from TonsilRevenge

  • Dearly Beloved,

    I guess you are all wondering why I have gathered you here today.
    It is not to point out the real arsonist who fried the Headmaster's anniversary Pinata.
    It is not to bring these three lovely young people together in Holy Matrimony...
    I hear two of them are engaged to fourth parties, anyway...
    I have not called you to this spot at this moment to commemorate any great battles...
    I told you no wedding was in the offing...

    No, I have hearkened unto you and you have hithered thither to byob and raise a toast (or a donut) to the H2G2 Post's 200th... something or other...
    Where did I put that napkin? I had some notes on it. Anybody seen a napkin with writing on it?


 

 
SOULFUL

 

 

  • Autumn

  • A magical day in the woods


 

 
ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH

 

 

 

 
TEA AND CAKE

 

 
GEEKS 'R US

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A58768898

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more