The h2g2 Post 18.01.10

1 Conversation



Posted: 18th January 2010


 

 

Natural Disasters


I'm sure you're all aware of the recent earthquake and its consequences in Haiti. It certainly puts our sufferings from this unexpected cold and snowy winter into perspective. From what I gather, the situation in Haiti is still very dire because the aid doesn't reach the people of Haiti. To find out more, you can read it up on the BBC News Site, amongst others. Many Charities are collecting money, so if you've got some to spare, every little will help. However, some people have strange ideas about why this happened as you'll read in Dmitri's article below.

In our small hootooverse the imminent migration to the BBCiD system is causing quite a stir. If you haven't read the announcements yet, you should do so asap, and if you know of any Researchers you haven't seen for a while, please try to get in touch.

I am glad to say that we have some good news, too: We have a new cartoonist who has sent us a lot of his work for publication. Please welcome 'fastcartoonist' whose first contribution you'll find below. We are happy to present once again an issue full of high quality submissions. If you want to have your work published, don't hesitate to send it to the email address which you can find at the bottom of the page. There are no deadlines, so if you have something very topical and send it to us shortly before publication we'll do our best to get it in, but if we don't manage to do that immediately, chances are that it will be published just one week later. Help us to keep up the high standard and send us your submissions. Become a part of this wonderful and exciting news magazine from the community for the community.


B'Elana


 

 
CONTROVERSIAL PERSONALITIES

 

 

 

 

COLOURFUL FANTASY


 

 

  • Mandala

  • JEllen brings us bright colours


 

 

TRADITIONS AND THEIR IMPACT ON TODAY'S LIFE


 

 

 

 
BATTLING ADVERSE CONDITIONS

 

 

  • Rear View

  • Will the Bikers leave the UK as planned?


 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A58769068

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more