Announcements

1 Conversation


Meets


  • Aussie Meet-Ups!

    Read all about the proposed Aussie meet-ups in the Article in this edition of The Post.

  • Danish Meet-up

    Our friends in Denmark are starting planning early for a proposed meet in Spring 2002! Visit the sign up thread or introduce yourself at the newly created Scandinavian Researchers Club.

  • The next Dutch Meet

    Plans are underway for a repeat of the succesful Dutch Meet. The date has been arranged for the weekend of the 26th to 28th of October to give attendees plenty of advance warning and time to enjoy the hospitality when they arrive! Thirteen have already signed up with one possible.


Abi is up to something!

More fun and games at Abi's Community Activities

This week she has awarded the honour of finding fun places to go to Croz

The absolute favourite place to be right now is the Summer Meet-up Caption Competition. Go on... try your luck and win an h2g2 Teeshirt!
H2G2 Radio- 42 FM The Community's very own radio station is on the air!
The Manor needs a new name! Why not pay a visit and make a suggestion?

Two pages are trying to attract h2g2ers with the same name! Go here for Amy and here for Chris.


Links


The Post is pleased to introduce a new feature. The Post Page of useful Links1 hopes to provide you with all the essential links you will need within h2g2. Please do check it out and make your suggestions for further items to be included.


Calling All Students!

MaW is thinking about setting up a page ostensibly for current and former students of the University of Nottingham on h2g2. He is also considering setting up a page for people from different Universities to use to find out about each other, so those interested should also drop by his Space and register their support. Of course, if there's a page that already does that which he hasn't found yet, he'd like to know about that too. As he says:
There's no point reinventing the wheel!

Crazy smiley!


Twinkle is having fun again. If you use Internet Explorer visit Catch the crazy smiley! and try to do just that!


Euphemisms

Zaphod is still seeking euphemisms for 'being or going slightly mad', e.g. a sandwich short of a picnic, a few tiles missing from the roof, etc. Please visit Euphemisms for being slightly mad to add to the impressive collection which is building up!


The H2G2 Noticeboard

This was originally set up as an experiment by Titania and is proving to be a great success... so much so that we have included it in the essential links archive.


Marvin Needs Your help!


Visit the Grudge Match site where poor Marvin, everyones favourite Android is facing C3PO in deadly combat. All it would take is a quick vote to help him win!

h2g2 Pet Store

Visit aka's Pet Store, where you can finally acquire your favourite animal on h2g2 for your pages, excluding marine life. If you want smiley - sharkor smiley - schooloffish, then visit the F.A.S., the Fish Adoption Scheme.


16.08.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page

All entries for this feature should be mailed to shazzPRME. Please mark the subject 'Announcements'.

1Now superceded by The Post Links Page

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A616763

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more