The Cult of the Followers of Ford (the Prefectionists)

25 Conversations

smiley - planet Welcome to the Cult smiley - planet


When I first joined h2g2, I was amazed there was no cult out there to celebrate the hoopiest alien ever to land on this planet, Ford Prefect. So this page is to celebrate his travels with the gang, his infinite wisdom on life (Fordisms), and to celebrate with the drink of your choice!

For those of you who don't know, Ford is a researcher for the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. He decided to visit an unnamed blue-green planet in the unfashionable backwaters of the western spiral arm of the galaxy for a week and was stuck there for fifteen years. He subsequently made friends with Arthur Dent and saved him when the Vogons blew Earth up by hitching a ride on a Vogon spaceship. Ford is from a planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse and is related to Zaphod Beeblebrox. There, that should be enough back history!

We are slowly growing in numbers and now have 22 members, but I won't turn down any unreasonable offers.....! So drop me a line below with a few words saying why you think Ford is worthy of his own cult (I'm not telling you!) and I shall award you the acolyte symbol of smiley - stiffdrink. For every further act of Fordism, I will award you with another smiley - stiffdrink.

Current members (the Prefectionists):



Ford and his friends

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A622469

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more