Greebo's Big One

1 Conversation



Oh...I so missed The Post last week, and I am sooo glad that Shazz is feeling well enough to edit this weeks edition. I hope you are soon totally fit and well again Shazz...and I am sure that all who read the Post and beyond will add to my well wishes as well... ~hug~

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:




Would you like your say on the big issues of the day? Well here's your chance, click below to get transported to Greebo's voting booth, where you can answer the question of the week.

Results will be printed in two weeks time.



VOTE HERE

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:

GREEBO'S BIG ONE RESULTS




This was the question asked a couple of weeks ago, and below is the results of the voting...

If you won the jackpot on a lottery, what would you do?
  • 47% of reseachers thought it would be best to put their winnings into the bank and live off the interest...well as long as they won more than a tenner that is...

  • 31% of kinder hearted researchers decided they would share it out with their nearest and dearest...well, as long as they won a tenner or less...

  • 9% were prepared to throw a huge party and then brag about their winnings all night!!!

  • A silent 6% would not tell anyone about their winnings...

  • A further 6 % would give the whole lot away to charity...

  • The last 1% of researchers were too busy to answer the question as they were out spending a sudden windfall they had received...



Wow... yet another huge vote... winning the lottery is obviously close to everyones heart.. and there is not a lot else to say.. Except for all those winners prepared to give away their winnings to charity... please don't forget... The Greebo T. Cat Fund For Acquisition... my piggy bank needs YOU!!!



SOME INTERESTING UK LOTTERY FACTS


1. Some of the most unusual purchases made by National Lottery winners include breast enlargements, a race horse and a castle.

2. Just by chance a winners girlfriend checked his trouser pockets before she put his jeans into the washing machine and found a jackpot winning ticket worth around £1.5 million.

3. The worst celebration was a couple who went out to buy a bottle of wine after winning £1.5 million and they realised they didn't have a corkscrew!

4. The longest celebration by winners was by a pub syndicate from London who celebrated for almost two weeks!

5. Unusual places where lottery winners choose to hide their tickets include socks, shoes, freezers and biscuit tins - an elderly gentleman put his ticket in his underpants on Saturday night and did not remove it until Monday morning, while another man sellotaped his ticket to his chest.

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:


Send your letters and anything else to me here:- Greebo T. Cat


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

04.10.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A639902

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more