Greebo's Big One

1 Conversation



Oh deary me...it seems that Shazz is not the only one to have pet troubles. I have two dogs, Chloe and Kolin, both girls, just thought you should know this. I also have a Cockatiel called Rocky, who has learned that if he hits the bottom of his cage with his beak, it sounds like someone knocking at the door.

This, Rocky has discovered, sets the dogs to barking and running to the door in the excitement that someone could possibly be coming to visit the Lair. Rocky is most happy about this, and laughs very nastily at all the fuss he has created.

Dogs are supposed to be intelligent right? So why can't they get it into their cute little heads, that the knocking noise is not coming from the door, but from Rocky's home!!

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o;:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:




Would you like your say on the big issues of the day? Well here's your chance, click below to get transported to Greebo's voting booth, where you can answer the question of the week.

Results will be printed in two weeks time.



VOTE HERE

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:

GREEBO'S BIG ONE RESULTS




This was the question asked a couple of weeks ago, and below is the results of the voting...

Which would you find the most embarrassing?

  • A huge, slightly less than massive, 45% of H2G2 researchers thought the idea of getting to work and finding they had no clothes on would be the most embarrasing moment for them.

  • 27% of our more refined readers decided that, seeing themselves in the background of a news broadcast on the tv, scratching themselves in a delicate place, would come tops as their most embarrasing moment.

  • A traumatized 23% admitted that, logging on to H2G2 and finding out there is a whole page devoted to those horrible childhood photographs that their mother keeps showing to all their friends, would make them blush like the proverbial pink thing.

  • And last but not least, an itty bitty 5% rather suspected that, being caught cheating on a famous tv quiz show, would make them hide in a cupboard for the rest of their lives.




This vote has made me really love to know who had voted for what... I would dearly like to know which ones of you would hate to be caught scratching yourselves on the tv news. I thought h2g2 researchers were far too posh to be scratching themselves in such an undignified place... wherever it might be.

On second thoughts, please don't tell me, I would hate to have my allusions shattered at such an early age!!

As the winner in this week votes was about wearing no clothes, I thought that a link to the Hans Christian Andersen Story, The Emperors New Clothes would be appropriate. Reading through the classic tale, made me hanker (me does a lot of hankering... especially for doughnuts) to read a few more fairy stories, so I did, and I have thoughtfully provided you with the links to them below.

Happy reading...



THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES and other stories.

Click the link to be taken to the story of your choice.

The Emperors New Clothes
-----------------------------------

The Snow Queen
-----------------------------------

The Little Match Girl
-----------------------------------

The Red Shoes
-----------------------------------

The Real Princess

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:


Send your letters and anything else to me here:- Greebo T. Cat


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

22.11.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A660502

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more