Greebo's Big One

2 Conversations



Hi folks, as you read this I will be away on holiday, oh such fun. That doesn't mean however that you will miss out on your weekly vote and, as you will see, if you click on the link below, you will be once more transported, as if by magic, to my voting booth.

No doubt as you read this I will be lounging somewhere, having fun and drinking large quantities of whatever anyone will buy me... ~grin~... I'm not fussy whilst on holiday, but I will raise a glass and drink a toast to all my many friends on h2g2.

Cheers!!!

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o;:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:




Would you like your say on the big issues of the day? Well here's your chance, click below to get transported to Greebo's voting booth, where you can answer the question of the week.

Results will be printed in two weeks time.



VOTE HERE

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:

GREEBO'S BIG ONE RESULTS




This was the question asked a couple of weeks ago, and below is the results of the voting...

Which do you think is the greatest Sc/Fi TV show?

  • A mildly huge 37% of H2G2 researchers thought that the ever popular DOCTOR WHO was by far the greatest TV SC/FI show.

  • A slightly less number, 25%, thought that RED DWARF deserved a smegging vote.

  • An unlucky for some, but not for BABYLON 5, 13% voted for JMS's screen epic.

  • 6% were beaming with pleasure at being able to vote for STAR TREK: TNG.

  • Another 6% found BLAKES SEVEN too engrossing to miss.

  • A further 6% thought the lost in space, STAR TREK: VOYAGER was worth a vote or two.

  • A sadly low 4% of researchers believed THE HITCH HIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY was the be all and end all of SC/FI TV.

  • Just 2% of researchers thought Kirk and crew were the best in STAR TREK: TOS.

  • Yet another 2% thought the sadly cut short in its prime, SPACE ABOVE AND BEYOND, the one to vote for.

  • Poor old STAR TREK: DS9 disappeared through the Bajoran Wormhole and was never seen nor voted on again.




Oh my... Oh my, oh my, oh my!!! What's this I spy??? Did someone...or did someone not...vote more than once in the booth last week??? If fact.. did several someones vote more than once??? ~grin~

I am not accusing anyone... but there were nearly twice as many votes last week than Greebo's Big One has ever received and, strangely enough, several of these votes had the same IP. ~bigger than ever grin~

Not that I am trying to curtail your enthusiasm but, really, please do try and restrain yourselves a little... it quite made my head spin.


So, we have finally found out which SC/FI TV series everyone loves above all others, and it turned out to be none other than Doctor Who.

There seems to be a big following of Doctor Who on h2g2, maybe thats no surprise, seeing as a lot of the people on this site are huge science fiction fans.

There is one great fan of Doctor Who in particular who I am thinking about, and that fan is none other than Spook, the founder of the recently started,
The H2G2 Doctor Who Group.

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:


The Infamous Spook Interview

GREEBO smiley - cat / SPOOK smiley - ghost

smiley - cat Why did you start the group?
smiley - ghostI started the group because as I travelled around h2g2, I saw many people who put that they liked Doctor Who on their personal pages. I then went and looked to see if there was a Doctor Who Group where I could chat to these type of people about Doctor Who. After finding that there was none, I decided to create one.

smiley - cat Why do you think, is the good Doctor still so popular today, as it beat many of the more modern science fiction shows in the vote of two weeks ago.
smiley - ghostI think that Doctor Who is one of those shows that you can watch once but love forever. I think it is the type of show that can appeal to people of all age ranges, and is a show that anyone can enjoy. I think one of its main appeals is that the main actor (the Doctor) changes. This has meant that there is at least one Doctor that people can relate to, or enjoy.

smiley - cat Which is/was your favourite Doctor?
smiley - ghostMy favourite Doctor was Sylvester McCoy. I think that some of the best Doctor Who stories ever were in his era, and I think he showed us a different side of the Doctor. He was a Doctor that showed more of a dark side to things, and also showed his amazing knowledge of the universe to defeat his enemies.

smiley - catIf there was a new series, who would you want to play the new doctor, or would you prefer Sylvester McCoy to reprise his role?
smiley - ghostI would like Sylvester McCoy to play the Doctor again, however I think he is probably too old now and the position of the Doctor has moved on. The person who I would like to be the Doctor would be Rowan Atkinson. His performance as the Doctor is the Comic Relief special 'The Curse of Fatal Death' was brilliant and he really suited the part. I think that he would make a brilliant Doctor.

smiley - catThank you for taking the time to talk with me Spook, is there anything else you would like to add?
smiley - ghostI would like to welcome all Doctor Who fans to come to The H2G2 Doctor Who Group and join in discussions with other Doctor Who fans. If you have a question you would like to have answered, or something you would like discussed, then post it so that other Doctor Who fans can answer your questions and discuss things with you.



:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:


Send your letters and anything else to me here:- Greebo T. Cat


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

29.11.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A663987

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more