The h2g2 Fantasy Film League

19 Conversations

A poster of a film entitled 'Attack of the Killer Dummies'.

A Fantasy Film League? Wassat?

Well, it's kinda like a fantasy football league. Unfortunately, I hate football. But I do like films1. And it's a very similar idea - pick a director, and six stars, name your film, and you're off!

Sounds ace. So, how do I get started?

First off, you need to head over to the Fantasy Film League website and register. Here you can choose your actors and director, and there are also a few articles and reviews. To help you choose, you may want to have a quick look at the Internet Movie Database, or the BBC Film website. Off you go then.

Right, I'm back - what now?

Chosen your film? And the title? Good. Now go to your studio page and click on join a little league. The league number is '301', and the password is 'hootoo'. Now, don't complain about the title of the league - I can't change it. And I know it sucks. Oh, and if you could post the name of your film and the hapless stars involved, I'd be grateful.

How can I tell if I'm winning?

Well, play doesn't begin until 1st April 2002. Once things are up and running, I'll update as often as I can.

Seasons in progress:

So, who has signed up so far?

Currently, our Fantasy Film Leaguers are:

1Well, some of them, anyway.2Despite helping run the official FFL, Mr Estall claims that he is not at an advantage. We'll see...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A679854

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more