The Penultimate AGG/GAG homepage

0 Conversations

Open your mind and say, "AWW."

Many feel the rules of the Edited Guide restict creative writing. The flashpoint was a discussion arising from the debate over Looneytune's PR-rejected entry The Twenty-seventh Letter. Great pieces like this were being sent to the 'sin bin'. Many thought this was not fair, or just, and a waste of great talent.

As a response to this original debate, the Italics, thoughtfully and kindly, set up the Alternative Writing Workshop. The time has come to glorify the virtues of light-heartedness, curiosity and play. The time has come for the AWW to cast off the pallor of rejection and uncertainty and parade through the Guide tanned with the light of confidence and pride!

We are AGG/GAG, a posse of persona operating unofficially on the fringes of the AWW. We're looking at the Guidelines for Writing Edited Entries and want to toss them out. We honestly believe Swift, Twain or DNA himself would find the Edited Guide too restrictive for some of their greatest material. We still want quality writing and we don't endorse breaking the laws of plagiarism, defamation or obscenity, but really, the only criteria should be Wit and Wisdom.

Scouting the Guide for the good stuff we hope to bring you three AGG/GAG approved entries in each issue of the H2G2POST. And we hope you'll join us!


I'd like to help AGG/GAG! Hurrah for the Unedited Guide!

AGG/GAG
Another Guide to the Galaxy / Galactic Anomaly Group

Archives

Charter Members:

~jwf~ Citizen Kine
tonsil revenge 2nd Assistant Dogsbody
=X Subcom Deidzoeb Bottom-Feeder, Weeble Scout, GuideML Helper
Spaceman Spiff Merry Prankster
Martin Crusty Archivist

Support Staff/Contributing Scouts

Bossel
Hobbes

Read the h2g2 Post


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A704404

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more